Wednesday, May 29, 2024

The Eye Doctor

Yesterday, Cameron visited the eye doctor and today was my turn.  When I first moved to Ocala, I had planned on keeping all of our doctors in Indiana except for our primary care physician.  I thought we would visit enough that our family would be able to keep the same dentist, gynecologist, urologist and dermatologist.  Once Doug's company moved the Elkhart plant to Ocala, our trips to Indiana declined.  I also had some dental issues that required immediate attention.  That's when I realized that it didn't make sense to live in one state and visit doctor's in another.  Plus, there were a lot more doctor's available in our new hometown, so it was easy to switch.

The one doctor that none of us have changed, however, is Dr. Caughell.  I was incredibly impressed with how quickly he diagnosed Meg's eye disorder when she was in middle school.  We had been to several optometrists before him and none of them could help.  After months of eye therapy and a lot of progress, I was a true believer in him and his medical knowledge.  Thus, when I realized that Cameron needed glasses, I took him to Dr. Caughell right away.  I soon followed.  

This week's visit reminded me of how much I appreciated having him as an eye doctor.  He remembered all of the issues that I had with my own eyes and was able to write a prescription for me that would help my eyesight, keep my eyes healthy and even save me a few dollars.  I know that there will be a time that I will probably have to change, but hopefully, no time soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment