Wednesday, July 31, 2024

What I Learned From Meg's Wedding Part 2

The other thing that has really changed about weddings over the past 30 years is the ability to have all of the wedding information online. Couples can create a wedding website that gives specifics about the wedding, including the date, the church and places to stay for out of town guests.  Meg and Nick used it to upload their engagement photos, tell a little bit about themselves, ask for RSVPs, and provide an online gift registry for guests.   I thought have a wedding website was very helpful.  When anyone asked me a question, I could refer them to it, send it as a link or look up the answer myself.  I also loved how easy it was for Meg and Nick to register for gifts from Amazon, and Target. It was fun seeing what they wanted and what had been already purchased.  I used it to buy Meg's shower gift and helped my boys pick out  wedding gifts for their sister.  I remembered back to when I had to fill out my own gift registry.  I had a huge list and had to walk through the store checking off items that I wanted and see if they were in stock.  It just didn't have quite the same feel to as the online system today.  I also liked the idea that their online registry had a link that directly deposited cash into the couples wedding fund. I know that a lot of people prefer to give monetary gifts and Meg and Nick would be able to use that money on their honeymoon right away.

Out of all of the gifts given, the one that surprised me the most was from Doug’s company.  They sent Meg a beautiful bouquet of red roses in a gorgeous vase.  It looked wonderful on the gift table.  I really appreciated the gesture and was happy that Doug’s company recognized how big the day was to him.  They have asked a lot out of him over the past four months.  He even had to login and work on Meg‘s wedding day. It was nice that they did something for him as I’m sure that it made him feel a little more valued. On the opposite side, Meg's company did not give her anything.  I didn’t think that reflected very well on them. She may be a first year, but she was still an employee. I wouldn’t think that would make her feel valued by them.  Thankfully, she didn't give it much thought and just appreciated the flowers from Doug's work.  The best part was that they made it all the way to Florida from Bloomington and looked beautiful on our kitchen table.  It was a wonderful reminder of what an awesome day it had been.  




No comments:

Post a Comment