Monday, July 29, 2024

We Made It

We left Bloomington yesterday at 12:40 PM just after we mailed Nick and Meg's marriage license application. The trip was a rainy one, but overall relatively easy until we got to Northern Georgia. There must have been an accident that had to be cleared as we were in standstill traffic for at least 15 minutes. Once it did start to move, we still had hopes of making it all the way to Ocala until we got to Atlanta. It was one of the worst rainstorms that Doug had ever driven in and he really did not enjoy it.  After we got through the area, he did not want to go any further. I couldn't blame him.  I found us a hotel in Tifton Georgia that we could use our Hilton points at and wouldn't cost us anything. We stopped at 11:40 to check in and by 11:42, Doug was sound asleep.

Doug and I were back on the road this morning well before 9 AM. I normally cannot sleep in hotel rooms, but did really well last night. They had a bagel breakfast this morning, which I appreciated. After that, we didn’t have to stop until we pulled into our driveway. Doug helped me unload the car, took a shower, picked up Subway and headed into work. I spent the majority of the day going through the mail, unpacking a little bit, buying groceries and resting. It was very nice to be home but I was still a little sad that we were all by ourselves. We have a busy couple weeks ahead of us, which hopefully will take my mind off of all of that. I have already gotten several texts from Meg about her honeymoon and I look forward to hearing more about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment