Friday, July 12, 2024

Free Friday

Cameron and I decided to take it easy today.  We had enjoyed our outing yesterday, but were looking for something more relaxing, especially since we would be gone for the weekend.  I did have to go to the church to pick up the bank statement for my new treasurer position, so we did get out of the house for a little bit this afternoon. 

As we were already downtown at Blessed Trinity, I talked Cameron into trying lunch at the Big Hammock.  The restaurant was started by a local home brewer and had some great sandwiches, bowls and bao buns on the menu.  We both really enjoyed our meal. I had my usual turkey panini and Cameron tried the Ramen bowl. They were both excellent.  Once we were done eating, we walked to Grandpa Joe’s candy store where Cameron picked up a pack of Now and Laters.  He had never tried them and thought they were pretty good.

Tonight was definitely relaxing. We went to Las Margaritas for dinner with Doug.  Afterward, Phil came over to play Catan and hang out for a little while.  He called us lame for watching Jeopardy, but Cameron and I enjoyed the show.  We’ve been rooting for a guy named Isaac who’s been on a fantastic run.  Lame or not, it was a fun way to spend an evening and a great way to end a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment