Thursday, July 18, 2024

Good Use of My Discount Skills

Last spring a Boy Scout stopped me outside of Lowe’s.  He was selling a discount card to earn money to go to camp.  They were only $10.  I didn’t know if we would use it, but thought I would help the boy out.  I knew that we would at least use one of the coupons when Cameron was here at spring break as there was a five dollars off at Dick‘s Sporting Goods.  After that purchase, I told Cameron when he came back this summer that we would try to use more of the discounts.  The one that I was most excited about  was the buy one get one free Coney dog at Sonic.  Neither one of us had ever been there, and I never eat hotdogs anymore.  Thus, it was a special treat for both of us and saved me five more dollars.  Over the past month, we used the card at a lot of different spots, including Beef O’Brady‘s, Gators Dockside, Culver's and many more. This afternoon we went to the last restaurant on our list, Twisty Treat. It was an ice cream place shaped like an ice cream cone just outside local Walmart. Cameron and I ordered their version of a Blizzard and absolutely loved it. Their small size was bigger than most peoples mediums. We both enjoy the afternoon and using the last of our discounts. We figured it out in the end that the card had saved me $30. Not too bad for a $10 investment.



No comments:

Post a Comment