Saturday, September 30, 2023

Ready to Go Home

Cameron had plans the entire day today, but we did get to see him in the morning before he left.  I was sad to see him pull out of my parents' driveway, but thankful that we got some time with him while he was in Syracuse/Goshen.  Cameron made plans to play golf, go to lunch and hang out with Alina today.  He was hoping to see Samuel tomorrow morning at breakfast before he left for Bloomington.

We came back to Syracuse this week so that Doug could work, but another reason was to be here when Cameron arrived.  We would have flown back on Sunday so that we could have visited with my parents too, but we had gotten a great deal on our plane tickets.  Doug had earned a companion pass from a flight that he took in April.  Therefore, I was able to fly with him for free in August and September.  Unfortunately, that ended today, so we had to leave this evening.  

Our flight back was very relaxing.  We arrived early to the airport and enjoyed dinner at Champs Sports Bar while we watched the IU game.  Doug slept a good portion of the flight.  I tried, but ended up watching The Bodyguard instead.  I hadn't seen it in years and liked it more than I remembered.  I forgot how beautiful Whitney Houston really was and what a wonderful voice that she had.  The movie ended just as we landed.  Our trip to Ocala was uneventful and we were both very glad to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment