Sunday, September 24, 2023

Saying Goodbye to a Fun Weekend

Meg and Nick were the first to leave today.  They had had a great time, but needed to get back to Chicago.  We really appreciated them making the trip and I was sad to see them go.  I know that they had fun too, especially with so many of their friends in Bloomington as well.

Brett, Cameron, Doug and I went back to Kirkwood for lunch.  The guys had wanted to eat at Fat Dans on Friday night, but it was way too packed.  Today, we arrived just as it opened and easily got a table outside.  Lunch was good and we enjoyed seeing Cameron one more time before we left as he planned to attend an IU soccer game this afternoon.

Since we didn't have to be in Syracuse early, we hung out at Brett's for a little while.  I helped him finish an organizing project that cleared off all of the dressers in the extra bedrooms.  When I was there a few weeks ago, we got all of his memory tubs organized and each of his closets.  We only had one project left - the area beside his television - and would work on that when I came back.  It wasn't all work this afternoon as we also made time to play Ticket to Ride Germany as well.  I was sad when the game ended, not because I lost, but because I knew that it was time for us to leave.  We had had such a fun weekend with Brett, Cameron and Meg that I didn't want it to end.  Doug reminded me that we would be back soon.  That helped, but I still teared up when we pulled out of the parking lot at Woodbridge.  


No comments:

Post a Comment