Friday, September 29, 2023

First Trip Back to Goshen

Cameron arrived in Goshen today in time to meet his friends for dinner.  He had hoped to catch some of the boys' tennis sectional, but Bethany lost in the first round.  He was disappointed for them, but happy to see all of his friends.  He spent the rest of the evening with Alina.  They hadn't seen each other in six weeks.  Cameron said that it definitely felt long, but hopefully that would be the longest that they had to be apart at any given time during the rest of this school year.



From my own experience and that of Brett, Cal and Meg's, I knew that the first trip back after starting college always felt a little bit awkward.  None of us were completely separated from high school yet, but realized that life was much different for us than it had been just a few months earlier.  Cameron felt a little bit of that tonight.  It was great to be home, but strange as well.  He did tell me that he really missed the familiarity of Goshen.  I could totally relate to that as Doug and I drove through the town tonight on the way to Goshen Brewing Company. It was hard to believe that we no longer lived in the area, but nice to know that we were enjoying our new life.  Either way, I was very happy to see Cameron when he arrived at my parents late tonight and hear all about his evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment