Wednesday, September 13, 2023

My Dad is Brave

 Cal texted this to our group chat last night and I laughed out loud when I read it.  I could see the truth in it from his point of view, but knew that Doug wasn't really scared of me.  I knew instead that Doug  respected me more than feared me.  



Either way, it was a nice reminder of how brave Doug really is.  The last few years have been extremely scary.  Doug has not backed down from the challenges that life has thrown at him both personally and professionally during that time period.  He's met them head on and has impressed all of us.  The best part is that I know that Doug has made a positive influence on his children.  Working hard, facing ones fears and remaining positive - traits that I truly admire in the best husband in the world (even if he is "frightened" of me.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment