Sunday, October 1, 2023

Journey of Water & Oswald

It was a challenge to get up this morning after such a late night, but that didn't stop us from going to the passholder preview of Journey of Water at Epcot first thing this morning.  It was a Moana themed water attraction that Disney had been building since 2020 and I was excited to finally see it.  I also wanted to pick up our Oswald passholder magnets.  As an added bonus by going today, we would be able to eat lunch and possibly ride Soarin' over California.

Doug and I arrived just as the park opened for the day.  We walked straight to Soarin' as I had told Doug that was the highest priority for me.  We hadn't seen the original Soarin' over California since 2016 and I couldn't wait to ride it.  We were one of the first ones on the ride and I absolutely loved it.  We "flew" over the Golden Gate Bridge, smelled the pines while white water rafting, soared in air balloons, hand glided over the mountains, and so much more.  As we exited the ride, I noticed that the wait for it was still only fifteen minutes.  I wasn't sure what Doug would say about riding it again, but he was more than willing.  We loved it even more and noticed this time that we could actually see Alcatraz while in San Francisco.

Our next stop was the Journey of Water.  It started to rain as we got in line, but we didn't mind.  I had my umbrella and the queue was short.  We didn't know what to expect.  It started off slow with some water falls, but soon each exhibit became interactive and we were totally impressed.  We could "move" water with our hands and arms, and we could stop a waterfall by walking fast.  I absolutely loved it and couldn't wait for my kids to try it.  








After the tribute to Moana, Doug and I walked through the countries and tried several new dishes at the Food & Wine Festival.  We didn't leave until I had a Welsh Dragon from England and picked up my Oswald the Rabbit passholder magnet.  I was a thoroughly exhausted when we got the car, but it was worth the trip.  It was a great way to celebrate our first full year of being Disney annual passholders.

No comments:

Post a Comment