Monday, September 25, 2023

Taking a Walk, Finally

Since I did not have a lot planned in Syracuse this week, I decided to begin the process of walking again for exercise.  My foot was better, not perfect, but good enough to try.  My mom had reminded me that my foot may never be 100% again.  I knew that she was right and really didn't want to wait any longer.   

Today's weather was supposed to be the best of the week and I knew that it was now or never.  I headed out around 10 a.m., first walking to CVS.  I didn't want to walk very far from my parents' home incase my foot gave out.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well the walk to and from CVS went.  The ankle brace and shoe supports had really helped.  Thus, I decided to rest for a few minutes and then head the opposite direction.  Soon I was on my way to the Frog, hoping to double my steps.  Besides having to dodge falling walnuts, the walk to the restaurant also went well.  My ankle and foot were still feeling pretty good, so I decided to just keep going.  I walked to the end of Harkless Drive and the start of the WACF trail before turning around.  My foot was definitely ready for a rest when I arrived back at my parents, but overall my first real walk in months went very well.  Before Doug arrived home I was at 10,000 steps, happy with my first days progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment