Saturday, September 2, 2023

Cameron Adams' Wedding

Doug and I were sad to say goodbye to Bloomington this morning, but glad to be attending Cameron Adam’s wedding in Michigan today where we would see both Cal and Meg.  We had found out from Meg last night that she had already become the hero of the weekend.  Through some type of miscommunication both Cal and Jayce had left their tuxes at Men’s Warehouse in Chicago.  Meg had to drive to two different locations to pick them up and leave early this morning to drop them off to the wedding party.  I really appreciated her doing that.  Cal offered to pay her for dinner last night, which Meg and Nick cashed in on right away.



The wedding was in a small chapel with the outdoor reception next door.  Everything was very nice and we all enjoyed it a lot.  I hadn’t planned on crying, but as soon as I saw Cameron walk in, I started sobbing.  I told Cal later that all I could see was he and Cameron riding in the backseat of my van in sixth grade, singing songs and trash talking each other.  I couldn’t believe how fast time had past.  I also realized that there was never a time that they would all be hanging out in our basement playing knee basketball again. Thankfully, I did get it together for the ceremony and only cried one more time when I hugged Cameron at the reception.

Dinner was very nice.  Meg and I had stuffed chicken while Doug chose the salmon.  We appreciated sitting with Andy and Sharon as well as Cal’s friends Mark and Evan.  Evan was as into the history of music as we were.  We loved Cal’s introduction with Shelby and had fun watching everyone dance.  Doug and I did make it to the dance floor several times and were one of the last couples on it during the marriage years dance.  Tonight, we also got to meet both Cal and Jayce’s girlfriends.  We had heard a lot about them and were glad to finally see them in person.  It was definitely fun to see all of Cal's high school and college friends as well.  Overall, it was a wonderful evening that Doug and I enjoyed very much.  










No comments:

Post a Comment