Monday, September 18, 2023

One Sore Foot

 In June, my left foot started hurting and it really hasn't stopped since then.  I should have taken time to do something about it then, but was so busy packing, cleaning and getting ready for the move that I didn't do anything about it.  I think that I went more with the "hope and pray that it went away" method for healing it rather than doing anything about it.  It got so bad that I had to give up my daily walks and spent a lot of evenings sleeping with ice on it.  

Once we moved, I promised Doug that I would do something about my foot.  I had had planter's fasciitis before and the pain was the exact same.  Thus, I got out all of the information from over ten years ago to read what I should do to help it heal.  Ankle exercises were recommended, which I had already started, as was ice.  The one item on the list that I hadn't thought of was the planter's fasciitis brace.  It wasn't quite a boot or an ankle wrap.  Instead it kept the foot at a ninety degree angle during the night so that the achilles could rest and hopefully heal.  

I got out my old brace and gave it a try.  It helped, but not enough to get me out walking again.  I ordered a new one last week and have already started to feel a difference.  Hopefully with that, ice, ankle exercises and keeping shoes on my feet I will soon be out taking my morning walks again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment