Sunday, September 10, 2023

CrapPa

Yesterday was my CrapPa's birthday.  Even though he died sixteen years ago, I have thought about him a lot lately.  I had spent so many years of my childhood visiting him in Florida.  Even though he and my Grandma were gone, being in the state where they lived, it felt like they were closer to me now more than ever.  Everywhere I go I see reminders of them.  The trees, the cow pastures, the grass, the birds, the smells, the sun - it just all feels like it did when I visited them years ago.  

I never would have dreamed back then or even when Doug and I got married that we would follow in their footsteps, moving to Florida after all of our children left home.  I didn't understand why they left when I was ten, but after being here for just a short time, I get it now.  The weather, the environment, the people - it all just seems to fit this phase of our life.  I can't wait to share it with my own children just as they did with me so long ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment