Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Girls Night Out

Paula and I met Mary at Ruhe 152 in Nappanee tonight for dinner.  It was the perfect evening to get together as Doug had a doctor's appointment and then wanted to work on putting the elliptical back together.  It was so much fun catching up with them.  Paula and Mary spend a lot of time together as instructional coaches.  I love listening to them talk about what they have going on at school.  There's always a new lesson plan that they are implementing, a professional development that they are in charge of, or a classroom that they are supporting.  Teaching can be extremely frustrating, especially with all of the new laws that the state has implemented.  I am ever amazed at their knowledge and dedication to education. 

Paula and Mary are definitely two of the best teachers that I have ever known.  Their passion for student is amazing and Wawasee is so lucky to have had them for these past two decades. I know that they are both getting closer to retirement age.  They haven't talked about anything specific, but one day I am sure that they will both move on to the next phase of their lives.  I will be very happy for them, but sad for the students that will truly miss their influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment