Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Homemade Meals

 Meg has been sending me pictures of all of the wonderful dishes that she has made over the last few weeks.  Her stuffed green peppers and grilled chicken sausage with vegetables looked wonderful.  She said that they were easy to make, inexpensive, and delicious.  

I was very happy that Meg had decided to cook homemade meals.  I knew in college that she had started to make a few dishes on her own, but she hadn't branched out as much as she had recently.  Not only was she saving money by not eating out as much, she was learning a life skill that would last a lifetime. 

It is no secret that I really don't enjoy cooking.  That sounds funny coming from a FACS teacher, but I always found the mess to be overwhelming.  I also don't like looking at raw meat, let alone touching it.  I was happy that Meg did not share my aversion to cooking and had found some more elaborate dishes to try.  We can't wait to try her zucchini boat recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment