Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Inspection News

With everything going on in the Heinisch family, selling our home has only added to the stress.  Originally, we wanted to put the house on the market after graduation.  Since we had a prospective buyer, however, we had to list it several weeks earlier.  Getting the house ready for pictures, signing contracts, and reviewing information has taken up a lot of our time.  Last week we found out that an inspection had been scheduled for the Friday before graduation.  I was incredibly afraid that I wouldn't be able to get everything ready by then, but thankfully I finished just in time for his 9 a.m. inspection.  

I didn't know what to expect, but the inspector was super friendly.  He had arrived before Cameron and I had headed out for breakfast, which was earlier than planned.  Thankfully, he didn't care if we were home or not.  He hadn't even finished walking the outside before we left.  With everything going on, I didn't even think about the inspection for the rest of the weekend.

On Tuesday we got a notice that the buyers had accepted the house as is.  That was great news as we wouldn't have to do any extra work to the house or negotiate the price because of repairs.  That meant that all of my hard work getting everything ready this past year had paid off.  I talked to our realtor after the inspection report was signed.  She said that it was the cleanest inspection that she had every seen.  That made me even more proud.  I called my dad right away to let him know that all of his help with my endless list of projects had made a difference.  Now all we have to do is wait for their financing to be approved.  I have loved our home, but am definitely ready for all of this to be over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment