Friday, May 19, 2023

Senior Faith Statement & Senior Recognition

Cameron invited both Meg and I to hear his faith statement at Bethany this morning.  The senior class, several teachers and a lot of Cameron's friends from the junior and senior class were in attendance as well.  I was incredibly impressed with Cameron's honesty as he talked about his Catholic faith.  He shared his philosophy on Heaven, God, love and attending church.  He focused on suffering and what that meant to him.  Overall, it was a powerful message and I was glad that he shared it.  Meg and I both congratulated him afterward and his Bible teacher, Josh, told him that he was extremely proud of him.

Once we left Bethany, Meg and I stopped at Hacienda for lunch.  It was nice to catch up with her and reminisce about her senior faith statement and the last few weeks of her high school days.  After lunch we checked out Ignition.  Meg found two different vinyls that she wanted.  I looked for GNR Lies just like I do every time that I go in, but no luck today as usual.

Meg and I made it back to Bethany well before 2:30 for senior recognition.  My parents met us there and we all enjoyed hearing about the accomplishments of the individuals of the 2023 class.  Since Doug couldn't be here today, I videotaped both his senior faith statement and the nice words that Michael spoke about him this afternoon.  I talked with Cameron after the ceremony was over.  He was definitely happy with how his day had gone.  He had also found out that he had earned a plaque for being on the science honor roll.  That was a nice way to end a wonderful day.  











No comments:

Post a Comment