Thursday, May 25, 2023

Good News for Pilot Boy

Meg came home late last night.  Nick's oxygen level had returned to normal and he was feeling a lot better.  The doctors still wanted to keep him overnight, but since Nancy was able to stay, Meg decided to come home with Kyle.  I was asleep when she arrived, but heard from her in the morning about her previous day.  It sounded very scary to me.  Only forty planes a year had this issue, which made it extremely rare.  The good news was that it shouldn't happen again, but that didn't alleviate everyone's heighten sense of awareness of the problem.  

As Nick knows that I have always been a nervous flyer, I chose this time to once again suggest a different career.  I got nowhere with my ideas, even though bus drivers got paid very well.  Since my career advice was no help, I then tried to give him piloting advice.  Although I thought it was a great idea,  Nick wasn't quite ready to wear an oxygen mask everywhere he went.  I settled instead for getting reassurance that he would chose a different employer.  I was glad to hear that and also that he would be home tonight safe and sound.  

No comments:

Post a Comment