Wednesday, May 17, 2023

A Very Long, But Fruitful Day

Today started early and ended late.  Doug and I were on the road for the Indianapolis airport at 6 a.m. He had a late morning flight to Orlando.  Since I was going to meet him there over the weekend, it made the most sense for me to drop him off.  It made for six hours in the car, but I did enjoy spending three of those with Doug and catching up with Brett and Meg via phone on the drive home.  

Once I got back, I hurried and ate lunch.  I had to give a tour of hour home at 6:30 tonight to a family interested in moving to Syracuse.  I also had to get the house ready for pictures tomorrow morning.  It was a lot of cleaning and moving items off of the counters to make it happen, but by 6 p.m. I was ready.  It really helped that my mom came up to clean the back patio and the windows in both doors.  I thought the house looked awesome.  

I was extremely nervous about giving the tour tonight.  I would be giving it to the brother and sister-in-law of the couple moving from Colorado.  I didn't realize that the couple would be on the phone via FaceTime.  I walked through the house with them, explained all renovations that we had done, and answered all of their questions.  The actual tour took about 45 minutes, but after the sister-in-law hung up the phone, she and her husband stayed and talked for close to another 45 minutes.  They had moved to Syracuse several years ago and had a lot of questions about the area around our home as they lived in the subdivision behind us.  They also had a daughter starting kindergarten in the fall and wondered why we had sent Cameron to Bethany.  Overall, it was a nice conversation and I was glad to give them some long time history of Syracuse and talk about the Catholic churches in our area.

Within ten minutes after they left, I heard from the wife in Colorado.  They were very interested in the home and wanted to make an offer.  I decided that it was best that they talk to our realtor as I wasn't quite sure if they were supposed to tell me anything or not.  I got ahold of our realtor.  As it was close to nine at night, she said that she would call me first thing in the morning.  I didn't want to get my hopes up, but was definitely excited to hear what they had to say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment