Saturday, May 27, 2023

Meg and Nick's Engagement Advice

What started off as one of the most stressful and scariest days of our family's lives, ended with a beautiful engagement party for Meg and Nick.  The afternoon was a tough one to get through as we had a situation with Cal that made us believe that he wasn't going to be able to be home for tomorrow's graduation and that his health was in danger.  Thankfully, that issue did resolve itself with a lot of help from Doug and I.  Because of our time spent with Cal, it took a little more work to get ready for the engagement party and a little while for Doug and I to calm down.  At first I wasn't sure that I would be able to get myself together for the party, but in all actuality, having the engagement celebration tonight was the perfect way to unwind and remind myself of all of the positives in our life.  

The house looked beautiful as Meg had decorated the home with framed pictures of her and Nick along with vases of flowers and pretty tablecloths.  The food was delicious.  Grandma Jane, Nancy and I all provided appetizers and desserts for the night.  Paula, Gabrielle, Mallory, Stella, Alistar, Philip, Rachel, and Sarah were able to join our family and the Yoders for the celebration.  Nick hosted a corn hole tournament for everyone.  Uncle Phil even joined the festivities.  We had all of the guests write notes to Meg and Nick when they arrived.  Before the party was over, the newly engaged couple read the advice given to them out loud to the group.  I loved listening to all of them.  Meg's favorite was from my dad, "Learn the husband nod early."  I really liked Mallory's since it was based on different Beach Boys songs, a common bond between her and Meg.  What I loved most about the advice was that this was exactly what the Heinisch family did for Doug and I when we were newly engaged in the summer of 1992.  Overall, it was a wonderful evening, filled with a lot of good wishes for the happy couple.  We felt blessed that so many were able to attend and that they all stayed late into the evening.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment