Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Cleaning Windows is Awful, But Jury Duty Helps

One of the last projects that we took on was cleaning the windows.  We started last Sunday by taking out of all the screens.  Doug worked on those while I washed the inside and outside of the windows plus the window sills.  The screens looked so much better, especially the ones in my bedroom.  I finished five window on Sunday while Doug was working on other projects.  It was a lot harder than I thought that it would be.  We hadn't thoroughly cleaned the windows in several years and it took a lot of scrubbing to get them to look nice.  The worst part was the streaks.  I even used a squeegee and still could see streaks on some of them.  I finally finished the last of the windows today and by the time Doug got home from work, my arms were killing me.

The good part about cleaning the windows was that I had time to watch the show, Jury Duty.  Meg had recommended it as it had one of her favorite actors, James Marsden, in it.  I wasn't sure what I would think about it as it was a comedy and everyone in my family knows that I don't have much of a sense of humor.  In the end, I absolutely loved the show.  There were a couple of parts that made me a little uncomfortable, but all in all it was fantastic.  It had eight episodes, but with all of the cleaning that I was doing I was able to finish it in just a few days.  The best part was that it made washing windows almost bearable.   

No comments:

Post a Comment