Wednesday, May 3, 2023

No Laughing Matter

 


Brett sent me the above meme today and it was the first time that I could laugh about the weather in weeks.  Except for five days in April, the first two spring months had been absolutely terrible.  It was the coldest and wettest March and April that I could ever remember.  Golf practice had been cancelled more times than I could count.  It was just too miserable to be out in the cold for very long.  I had given up walking outside and spent more time getting in my 10,000 steps in the basement than at any other time in my life. 

With the first couple of days in May following the trends of the previous two months, I really could relate to Brett's meme.  Thankfully, today was supposed to be the last of the cold temperatures for awhile with highs returning to the mid 60s tomorrow and the 70s over the weekend.  I did make it outside today as I took Grandma and Grandpa over to The Chief for some ice cream since Cameron was working.  With the cold temperatures, I was surprised to see so many customers in line.  Cameron was happy about that as he ended up with more tips than usual for a cool evening.  I was glad to hear that and crossed my fingers that the predicted weather forecast for the next few days would actually come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment