Monday, May 15, 2023

Just Breathe

One of Doug and my favorite pass times over the years has been listening to music together.  We have shared many hours driving in the car with our favorite songs playing on Spotify.  We’ve sat by the bonfire or on the front porch asking the Google Home Mini to play a song from our past.   A few have become special to us over the years - What it Takes from Aerosmith, Phil Collins’ rendition of A Groovy Kind of Love and Wild Horse by The Rolling Stones - just to name a few.  

Lately, however, one song has been playing on repeat in my collection more than any other.  Just Breathe, by Pearl Jam, has become my current favorite. In the past thirty years, there have been so many songs by the band that have spoken to me.  Elderly Woman in a Cafe, Alive, Better Man and Sirens are several that have had meaning to me.  The lyrics to Just Breathe, however, seem to fit perfectly in our life right now as we get set to celebrate our 30th anniversary.  

Stay with Me

Let's Just Breathe

Everything You Gave

Nothing You Would Take

Hold Me til I Die

Meet You On the Other Side

Eddie Vedder couldn't have described how I feel about Doug and my relationship any better.  I know that soon another song will push this one out as top on my list, but for now I'll just enjoy nights on the porch listening to him sing exactly what I want to say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment