Thursday, May 4, 2023

Will This Ever End

I was so excited yesterday to finish some major projects this week.  Our house was looking fantastic from the inside and out.  We had saved a lot of money doing most of the work ourselves, and we really only had to focus on cleaning once Doug returned from Florida.  That changed, however, when I realized last night just before sunset that one of the men that I had hired to work on the roof had torn a window screen on the second level.  Unfortunately, it was the one window that we couldn't reach as it was at the top of the second story stairwell.  It wasn't something that we could ignore as it was very noticeable especially when walking down the stairs.

The thought of having to figure out what to do about the window kept me up most of last night.  I really didn't want Doug up on the roof and wasn't sure that I could climb the ladder that high.  Sine I couldn't come up with a plan to solve it, I couldn't fall asleep.  I waited until 6:15 a.m before calling Doug as I didn't want to keep him up all night as well.  He said not to worry, that he would call the roof guy and that the worse case scenario was that we would have to hire a handyman.  That relieved my anxiety enough that I could finally fall asleep once Cameron left for school.  

I set my alarm for 10 a.m. and was absolutely out of it when it went off.  I called Doug once I woke up to see what he had heard.  The roofer said that he wouldn't be in the area to help take the screen out, but would pay for the repair.  Doug asked me to talk to our neighbor, Josh, to see if he could at least get it down for us.  Josh was more than happy to help and even promised to repair it for us.  He also enjoyed getting a tour of the house as he had never been in it.  At 7:30 tonight, the screen was out and I already felt a lot better about the situation.  I was still worried about how we would get all of the other screens and windows cleaned by the date we had set for pictures, but after today, I felt a lot better about it all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment