Monday, May 8, 2023

Engagement News

Meg called this afternoon with some wonderful news.  She and Nick had become engaged.  We were all very happy for the two of them, but I was not completely surprised.  I had helped Nick pick out a ring in December and Meg had let me know that she was hoping to be engaged before they left for their trip to Disney World.  Brett also wasn't too shocked as Nick had used him as a decoy for the real time of the engagement.

Whether any of us knew or not, we were all excited to hear about their engagement.  Nick had coordinated with Gabrielle for her to be there to take pictures of them as Nick proposed.  The photos were absolutely gorgeous.  Nick "asked" with a bouquet of flowers and chose the Rose Well House on campus for the moment.  It had always been a popular spot for proposals and I thought that it was awesome that he incorporated a long time IU tradition into their engagement.   

After the photo shoot and calling all of their family members, the trio celebrated at Social Cantina.  Once Gabrielle returned to Indy, Nick and Meg spent the rest of the night getting ready for their trip.  I talked to them several times, asked a few questions, but mostly just celebrated their news.  In a busy, stressful year filled with unending projects, I was super happy to have something fun to think about.  I told Meg that after June 3rd, I was more than ready to help with any planning that they needed.  What an exciting time!







No comments:

Post a Comment