Friday, October 27, 2023

Beer Making

When Phil moved to Ocala, Doug got to try several of his homemade beers.  Doug was very impressed with them and began to ask him about the process.  Phil talked about the kits, fermentation, the bottling process and carbonation.  It was very interesting to listen to and Doug started talking about trying it himself.  

Once Phil heard that Doug was thinking about trying it, he bought him a beer making kit and tonight they put it into action.  I had fun watching them work while hanging out in our backyard.  While they were serious about the process and intent on making a good batch of beer, I watched Mollie enjoy the walking path from the lanai to the back patio that Doug had made for me.  I also got to watch my new solar butterfly light up as the blue skies turned to night.  I was happy that the guys were enjoying their beer making evening.  They knew that if they timed it right, the beer would be ready when the boys arrived for Thanksgiving.  All three of them were interested in trying it and Cal already had a name for their brewing company- "Steinisch!"  






No comments:

Post a Comment