Monday, October 9, 2023

Finally, Time to Read

One of my favorite activities has already been reading.   I can't remember a time when I didn't have a book in my hand.  Some novels have been read over and over, like Pride & Prejudice and Little Women, while others have been a one time read such as The DaVinci Code.  No matter the story, I just haven't had a lot of time to read these past two years.  Getting the Syracuse house ready to sell and unpacking the Florida home have left me with little time to do anything else.  I promised myself that once October began, I would schedule more time for reading.  

The first book that I finished after the move was from one of Cameron's favorite series, The Sixty-Eight Rooms.  He had talked about getting rid of the books at the garage sale, but I wanted to read at least one of them first.  It was a fun mystery series based on the Thorne Rooms in the Chicago Art Museum.  I enjoyed reading the first book in the series, but decided that I would move on to something else next.  I just wasn't sure what.

After listening to Father Mike explain the book of Ruth in his "Bible in a Year Podcast" I remembered one of the best series that I had ever read.  The books were written by Francine Rivers and followed the five women in the lineage of Christ with Ruth being one of them.  I started looking for them on Barnes & Noble and realized that they had been combined into one collection entitled "The Lineage of Grace."  

As I was searching for the best place to order the collection, I found a resale book shop on Ebay that offered a"Buy Three, Get the Fourth One Free" promotion.  I knew that I not only wanted a new book for me, but needed to order a new copy of Winnie the Pooh as well.  The one that I had found when unpacking Cameron's room was missing several pages.  Since I already needed two books, I decided to look for two more.  

I messaged Jim right away to get his thoughts.  He was always reading something and loved books from the 1800s as much as I did.  I knew that Enchanted April was his favorite, but wondered if he had any other suggestions.  As soon I messaged, I heard back from him instantly.  He had several recommendations for me, all that were on the Ebay bookstore.  I was thrilled when my three "new" books arrived in the mail today along with a identical copy of our 1960s Winnie the Pooh.  I can't wait to get reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment