Saturday, October 7, 2023

Oktoberfest

Several weeks ago, I saw a post on social media that The World Equestrian Center was going to host an Oktoberfest this Saturday.  I told Doug right away as it sounded like something that he would really enjoy.  I then suggested that we invite Phil and pay for his entrance ticket as a thank you for all of his help this past year with our move.

None of us were quite sure what to expect when we arrived shortly before noon today, but we were definitely surprised at how many people were already there.  The event started at 11 a.m. and every table with chairs was already filled by the time we walked in the door.  I was thankful to secure a high top for us while the guys checked out the beer tents.  Once they returned with their favorites, I walked the indoor arena looking at the food offerings.  As the small plates were included in the cost of the tickets, I picked up several for the three of us to sample.  My favorites were the brats and the chocolate cake.  

Doug, Phil and I spent several hours at Oktoberfest enjoying the atmosphere, the polka band and the German outfits worn by many of the party goers.  We weren't there until the very end, but we stayed long enough to watch the stein holding contest.  I was amazed that anyone could hold a full stein of beer in their outstretched arm for more than a minute, let alone three or four.  Oktoberfest made for a wonderful afternoon and I was glad that I had suggested it.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment