Monday, October 23, 2023

Lizard Catcher

One thing that I haven't gotten used to about living in Florida is the lizards.  They are everywhere.  When I walk out of front door, there is always at least one scurrying to the palm tree or walking along the sidewalk.  They make me jump, but do not scare me like the chipmunks did in Indiana.  

While living here, I have come to realize that the lizards aren't just going to be outside nuisances.  I definitely have found several inside our home in the past few months, especially on the lanai and back patio door.  We have gotten pretty good at shooing them back outside.  The consequence if we don't is finding them dead later since they cannot live without water.

After trapping one in the coat closet recently with a dust pan, broom and Meg's old butterfly net, I decided that I needed to buy something that was a little more heavy duty.  I looked at Walmart on my next shopping trip and found the perfect solution - a tadpole net.  I've already tried it out and it works perfectly.  I do not know if I will ever get used to the small reptiles, but at least the lizard catching solution is solved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment