Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Halloween Specials & Scary Movies

October has always been scary movie month to me.  I looked forward to watching Scream, The Blair Witch project and so many more horror films with Cal, Cameron and Brett.  Doug didn't quite share my love of that movie genre, but there were definitely films that he would join in with us.  Psycho was always at the top of his list along with the holiday namesake, Halloween.

This year, I just don't think that I can continue the tradition.  The "scary" movies have just become too scary for me.  Not wanting to let the tradition completely die, I decided that I would take more of the Meg approach and watch Halloween specials instead.  So far this month I have already turned on the Disney channel and watched Halloweentown.  I plan to follow Grandma Heinisch's favorite Halloween movie with Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and the cartoon version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with Bing Crosby as narrator.  I know that Doug wouldn't be interest in those, but thought that he and I could stick to Hitchcock and everyone's favorite Halloween special, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"



Once I decided to change the theme of October to "Not So Scary Halloween Movie Month" I realized that I had to tell the boys.  Cameron said that he understood as Alina and Meg had never liked scary movies.  Brett suggested some old classics that would still work for scary movie month that I might add to my viewing list.  Cal flat out called me a "wimp!"  I didn't mind.  It was better to be a wimp than be scared all month long.  All three boys were glad to hear that I was at least going to watch an October family staple - "Something Wicked This Way Comes!"  Hopefully, I won't be too much of a wimp to handle that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment