Wednesday, October 11, 2023

The Goats

Today on my social media memory, a photo popped up that made me smile.  It was a picture of Cal and his friends at his junior year talent show.  They called themselves "The Goats" and planned to sing "Just a Friend" by Biz Markie.  As soon as I saw the picture, I remembered laughing when they first walked out in their jean short, shorts, a direct violation of the dress code that they had been criticized for earlier in the year.  

All along Cal had planned on the group singing his favorite song, but he was the only one who already had it memorized.  Thus, they decided to perform it as a dramatic reading instead.  It was a crowd favorite from the first line and I enjoyed watching the performance very much.  I loved that Cal and his friends always walked to their own beat then and still do now.  It was a fun reminder of that today and a nice walk down memory lane.



No comments:

Post a Comment