Wednesday, October 18, 2023

BTCCW

When we learned that we would be moving to Ocala, one of our first objectives was to find a church.  We tried Queen of Peace several times as it was the Catholic church closest to us.  The church was beautiful and the masses were very traditional, but it just didn't seem to fit our personality.  We were searching for a church had that had a younger parish with a way to get involved.  

Knowing that Queen of Peace wasn't for us, I started doing some research online and quickly realized that Blessed Trinity might be a better fit for Doug and I.  It was closer to downtown, which made for a longer drive, but it had a lot of what we were looking for in a new church.  We tried several masses and really liked it.  Meg went when she was here and thought it was perfect for us as well.  Once we moved, we started attended the 8:45 a.m. mass regularly.  

At the end of August, I picked up the bulletin after mass.  It was quite thick with a lot of information.  While reading, I noticed that Blessed Trinity had a women's Catholic group.  September was the first meeting for the year, so I thought that I would try it.  I was very nervous when I went, but Brett reminded me that in those situations people are usually very nice.  

Thankfully, Brett was 100% correct. Not only was everyone nice, but the group was exactly what I was looking for when we moved.  It was filled with faith, service and positive attitudes.  The group was extremely involved in the church and shortly after I joined, I was asked to be part of a mission committee to help with the Dominican Friars that were arriving in January.  As I attended my second Blessed Trinity Council for Catholic Women meeting tonight, I thought about how blessed Doug and I really were.  God heard me calling for a new church and led us to the perfect one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment