Saturday, October 28, 2023

Halloweekend

Doug and I had never really done anything special for Halloweekend.  We always enjoyed listening to all of the fun that the Heinisch children had that weekend, but didn't have much of an interest in finding something special to do ourselves.  That changed this year when I saw all of the events that were scheduled here in Ocala.  I didn't know if Doug or Phil would be interested in any of them, but decided to suggest a few just to see.  I was glad to hear that they each had one in mind that they wanted to try.

This afternoon we picked Phil up close to 4 p.m. for Hocus Pawcus at the World Equestrian Center.  It was the first time that the WEC had hosted a dog costume contest and from what we could tell, it was a big hit.  As Phil was the one who wanted to try it, I thought that maybe I could talk him into bringing Molly.  He had absolutely no interest as he was afraid of how she would handle all of the other dogs.  Phil also didn't think that she would enjoy wearing a costume.  Even though Molly wasn't there, Phil and I still had a lot of fun looking at all of the dogs (and sometimes owners) dressed for the occasion.  There were so many good ones.  We all agreed that the best was the "Day of the Dead," but my favorite was the Woopie Cushion, Cal's yearly costume for as long as I could remember.









Doug wasn't as thrilled about the dog costume contest as Phil or I were, but he was very excited about the next event - a Halloween party at Infinite Ale.  They had Halloween themed beers, live music and their own costume contest.  I had so much fun sitting at our outside table watching "Gilligan, Mary Ann, Slash, Captain Hook, Tinker Bell and Beetlejuice walk in while the guys sampled the beers.  




We weren't the only ones in the Heinisch family celebrating Halloweekend this year.  Cal sent me a picture of he and Maggie on their way to a party.  They made a very cute Shaggy and Velma.  Meg and Nick were also dressed for the occasion.  Yzma and Kronk were the perfect pair for Carson's Halloween party.  I loved everyone's pictures and sent out our own from the WEC.  Until recently, I had never really thought about celebrating Halloweekend before, but in the end I was very glad that we did.   






No comments:

Post a Comment