Friday, October 20, 2023

A Change in Plans

Doug and I had planned on going to Indiana this weekend for IU's homecoming game against Rutgers.  We were going to fly to Chicago early Thursday morning and drive to Syracuse so that Doug could work at Champion.  We would then drive to Bloomington for homecoming weekend to host a tailgate and attend the football game.  On Sunday, we would head back to Chicago for lunch with Cal and Meg,  I would stay with Meg while Doug would go back to Elkhart to work until we flew out on Tuesday night.  

As we got closer to taking our trip, I started to realize that this was probably a little too much for Doug to undertake.  He had been swamped with work in Ocala and had been busy helping me with projects around the house.  The exterior painting had been more involved than we had planned, taking up a lot of our time.  I just couldn't see asking him to make the trip, especially when both Cameron and Brett were busy Friday night.  Once I suggested cancelling the trip, Doug definitely was onboard for staying in Florida.

I talked to Brett, Cal, Meg and Cameron about changing our plans and they all agreed.  It would be a lot of traveling for us.  We would then turn around and come back two weeks later for the Wisconsin game on November 4th.   I was glad that they supported plans to stay home.  I would miss all of them, but knew that it was the best decision for us both physically and mentally.


No comments:

Post a Comment