Thursday, October 12, 2023

Wedding Plans

Meg and I have talked a lot about her wedding plans and have actually gotten quite a bit done on her list.  They have the caterer, the photographer, the church and the venue lined up.  Their next item will be to work on completing the Catholic church requirements for marriage.  Recently, I was in charge of reserving hotel rooms.  It was actually more time consuming than I thought that it would be, but thankfully I was able to finish that last week as well.

Meg has moved on to some of the more fun wedding planning now - the dress, the colors, and the flowers.  Today, we were talking about toppers for the cake.  I had had the traditional bride and groom statues at my wedding reception in DeKalb, but the ones that we used in Syracuse were a lot more fun.  Meg had seen my wedding bears this summer and loved them.  She talked about borrowing them for her cake, but then found the perfect topper on Etsy.  It wasn't a pair of bears, but another animal that Nick absolutely loved.  I can't wait to see it on her cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment