Friday, October 13, 2023

"I'm Gonna Make This Place Your Home"

I thought a lot about the Phillip Phillips song "Home" this past month as I have spent a lot of time turning our Florida house into our new home.  It's been challenging at times.  We had lived in our home in Syracuse for twenty-five years, so I didn't expect it to happen over night.  This week, however, we made huge progress in making my goal a reality.

I realized after finishing Cameron's room a few days ago that it was never going to feel like home if we didn't get our family's pictures on the walls.  I had so many wonderful framed photos waiting to fill those empty spaces, but needed some help from Doug to make it happen.  The project was a lot more tedious than I thought that it would be, but we wanted it to look nice when it was done.  Thankfully, the movers had given us some tips in August that really helped.  They suggested "monkey hooks" for our type of walls instead of nails.  That really did make it easier.  In the end, I was thrilled with how everything looked.  Seeing our family's portraits on the wall really did make it feel like home.




No comments:

Post a Comment