Friday, December 16, 2022

Getting Up at Noon

Before I went to bed this morning at 5 a.m. I texted Brett, Meg and Grandma Jane to let them know that I was setting my alarm for noon.  I had been up since 7 a.m. yesterday morning and it had been a long day of traveling.  I didn't quite stay asleep until lunch time, but I did get close to six hours of sleep, enough to make it through the day today.  Doug was up and at work before I even opened my eyes.

After such a busy week in Florida, I vowed to take it easy today.  Thankfully, my parents were going to Walmart, so they could pick up the few items that I needed.  I spent the afternoon unpacking the Christmas gifts that we bought and reorganizing a few presents.  Once Cameron got home, I caught up with him on his week.  He tried to spend a lot of time with Jordan as he will leave next week for Ecuador.  He will be on a mission trip with his parents for several months.  I'm excited for the Ross-Richer family, but sad that Cameron will miss his friend.

Doug had a Christmas luncheon this afternoon for work that was catered by Das Essenhaus that was delicious.  Tonight he ordered Sleepy Owl for all of us and then made cookies and Chex mix.  Cameron's friend, Alina, came over after dinner to hang out for awhile.  We taught her how to play Euchre, which was a lot of fun!  She brought some wonderful German Christmas cookies for us to try.  The evening ended with Doug and I watching Murder By Numbers.  After such a busy week, it was nice to have a relaxing day at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment