Thursday, December 22, 2022

Christmas Movie Favorites

This December I did not spend a lot of time watching Christmas movies.  Every time I thought of one to watch, I remembered how many times that I had seen it before and just wasn't interested.  I realized after a few days of avoiding Christmas movies that it wasn't the films that I disliked, it was the obligation of watching them just because it was the holiday season.  Thus, I decided to only focus on the ones I really liked and ended up feeling a lot happier about watching them.  

A few weeks ago, I watched Noelle from Disney +, a movie that had come out a few years ago that I really liked.  I then watched a new one with Lindsay Lohan that Meg recommended that was enjoyable.  This week Meg and I made time to watch The 12 Dates of Christmas.  Cameron caught the end with us and said that it wasn't too bad.  Tonight Meg, Doug and I turned on my absolute favorite holiday movie of all time - White Christmas.  There were so many wonderful songs in it, that I could not decide which one was the best.  Meg agreed with.  Doug focused on how annoying Betty could be, but he did have to admit that we were more like she and Bob, then Phil and Judy.  

After we finished the movie, we started talking about all of the other ones that we wanted to watch over the next few days.  Meg and I made plans to watch another classic tomorrow night, Meet Me in St. Louis.  Cal asked us to save It's a Wonderful Life for when he got home.  Doug was fine with that, but hoped to watch A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim soon.  Brett didn't care what we watched without him, but wanted us to promise to watch "A Year Without a Santa Claus" with him.  Everyone was excited to do so, especially when they realized that we'd be listening to the "epic song" I Believe in Santa Claus.  As much as I was dreading the Christmas movie season in the beginning of the month, I was definitely feeling a lot better about it all tonight.  





No comments:

Post a Comment