Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Christmas Cards

 For the past twenty-four hours, I have been predominantly working on Christmas cards.  I really liked ours this year and decided that I wanted to get them out as soon as possible.  During 2020, cards were not shipped on time from Shutterfly, so ours were very late.  I paid extra this year to make sure that we had them before we left for Florida next week.  It was worth it as I got 62 out of the 70 addressed and ready to send.  I kept a few back in case I needed to send more out later.

Sending Christmas cards is a lot of work, but I've always enjoyed doing it.  Coming up with the right pictures, the fun caption or the update on our family's lives has always been important to both Doug and I.  We used to send out 100 of them every year, so we have cut down on them a little bit.  I have been amazed, however, with how little that we receive now compared to years ago.  

As of today, we have only received three cards in return.  I am bummed about that as I have always been a communicator through mail.  I understand it, though, as the expense and time it takes to send Christmas cards out can make them a hassle.  Most people I know see our family through FaceBook, so they probably don't need one anyway.  I'll still plan on sending them, however.  It gives me time to reflect on those in our lives while I am addressing them and it feels really good to watch them all go into the mailbox every year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment