Friday, December 9, 2022

Our last Christmas Music Program

Today was a busy one.  I first spent the afternoon in Nappanee at my Aunt Phyllis' funeral.  She was the youngest of my Grandma's sisters.  I was hesitant at first about going as I really don't do a lot with my Mom's extended family.  I loved my Grandma and Aunt Dolly, however, so it was important for me to represent them there.  I was glad that Aunt Jan, Jeannette and Jackie decided to attend the funeral as well as it made me feel more comfortable.  It was a nice ceremony and it was neat to be back at the Methodist Church that I attended as a young child.  Seven of Aunt Phyll's grandchildren spoke about their relationship with their grandmother and it reminded me a lot about how I felt about mine.  I loved hanging out with Granny and enjoyed being a part of her life.  I also loved the relationship that I had with her oldest sister, Aunt Dolly.  She spent a ton of time with our family and she meant the world to me.  It was wonderful to think of them today.

I got home just before Doug did this afternoon.  We had enough time to play a few rounds of Ticket to Ride and have a snack before Bethany's Christmas Gala.  Cameron and Keegan were her for awhile as well.  They stopped at Dairy Queen for some food before changing into their black pants and white shirts for the event.  

Doug and I arrived at Sauder Hall on Goshen college's campus well ahead of the performance.  We were shocked at how many people had already been seated.  We chose a spot in the balcony and enjoyed the jazz band as the rest of the crowd filed in to the auditorium.  The rest of the night was filled with songs from all of the grades at Bethany - 1st through 12th.  Some were sung and others were played with instruments.  There was even a ballet performance during the Gala.  The band was definitely our favorite, but overall it was a fantastic night and the perfect way to end our run of holiday music programs in the Heinisch home.









No comments:

Post a Comment