Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas Shopping

Meg and I were both glad that Cameron had this week off from school.  We talked him into spending the first day of his break going Christmas shopping with us.  Our first stop was the Wakarusa Dime Store.  It wasn't quite like I remembered from taking Brett and Cal there four years ago.  We decided to forgo buying any sweets there and went to Target instead.  Thankfully, I found some great stocking stuffers there while Meg and Cameron worked on their own Christmas shopping lists.  Kohls was next on our agenda.  Although we hadn't planned on buying any clothes, Meg and I did find some great shirts on sale.  

Meg picked Hacienda for lunch which was great with both Cameron and I.  It wasn't very crowded, but that may be because most schools have gotten out for break yet.  Either way, the food was great and I enjoyed hanging out with Cameron and Meg.  After lunch, we dropped off a box and a duffle bag of Nick and Meg's clothes to The Depot.  We then went to the Soapy Gnome.  Cameron had recommended the store as he and Alina had been there this weekend.  The shop was filled different soaps and gnomes, but other items as well.  I loved all of their candles, Cameron liked the socks and Meg enjoyed all of mushroom decorations.  We found several great gifts there before heading to our last stop, Ignition Records.  We didn't buy anything, but had fun looking through all of their records and memorabilia.  Overall, it was a great day and I'm glad that Meg and Cameron decided to spend it with me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment