Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Travelin' Man

Cameron told me earlier this week that he thought the song Travelin' Man was offensive.  I couldn't believe that he was talking about the Ricky Nelson classic until I really thought listened to the lyrics.  I had never really thought about it, but the famed singer actually was talking about all of the women that he had waiting for him in each city that he visited.  Cameron was right, but I still liked the classic song.

One thing that I did disagree with the song was the fun of traveling.  It wasn't quite as romantic as Ricky Nelson made it out to be.  If I wasn't worn out enough from the packing and cleaning to get ready for our trip today, the driving definitely finished me off.  I was absolutely exhausted by the time we stopped tonight just north of Knoxville.  It would not have mattered who was waiting for me in Tennessee, I was too tired to do anything besides going straight to bed.  I guess that it is a good thing that I am not a "Travelin' Man" and am instead just a fan of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment