Saturday, January 20, 2024

Night Out

Tonight we took Grandma and Grandpa downtown for dinner at Brick City Kitchen.  They had been there one other time, but didn't really remember it.  Last time Grandpa had banana pudding for dinner, tonight he tried their famed pulled pork.  Doug and I each ordered something new as I got salmon and he chose shrimp and grits.  Grandma's dinner was the most impressive as her salad was the biggest that I had ever seen.  It was covered with pork, chicken and turkey and had multiple vegetables.  All of the meals were very good and we enjoyed dinner a lot.


After dinner, we walked over to Grandpa Joe's Candy Shop.  I not only got candy for Cameron's birthday, but found some delicious treats for ourselves as well.  Doug got an orange flavored chocolate and I found some sugar free York Peppermint Patties that were actually really good.  Grandma and Grandpa filled up their $5 box with a lot of different goodies.  An added bonus to going to downtown for dinner tonight was getting to see the lighted palm trees.  They looked just as nice as they did on the night of Light Up the Night Ocala.



We weren't the only ones who had a fun dinner out this weekend.  Last night Cal and Maggie invited Meg and Nick to meet them at a restaurant in Wicker Park.  I talked to both of them today and they said that they had a great time.  Cal and Meg's favorite activity has always been making fun of the rest of us.  Tonight was no exception.  They also talked a lot about the movie LaLa Land.  It was one of Doug and my least favorites when I saw it, so I could side with Cal instead of Cameron, Meg and Maggie who liked the non-traditional ending.  No matter the disagreement on films, I was glad to hear that the four of them had a nice evening hanging out together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment