Sunday, January 7, 2024

End of a Wonderful Christmas Break

Cameron visited Alina this morning before packing up to return to Bloomington.  He had mixed emotions about leaving.  He had really enjoyed Christmas break and was sad for it to end.  At the same time he was ready for the semester to start so that he could get back in the classroom.  He wasn't in a hurry to leave, but did make it out the door by the time the Lions game started at 1 p.m.  That gave him something to listen to all of the way to Bloomington.  Cameron said that the drive was easy, but unpacking from being away for three weeks was a pain.  Thankfully, he got everything in his room and returned the van to Brett's before the end of the Bears game.  He spent the rest of the night going to dinner and watching football with the guys on his floor.

I was super sad when Cameron pulled out of the driveway today.  It wasn't quite as bad as when he first left for college, but I did cry for a little while.  It had been such a wonderful Christmas holiday with all four of our children and it definitely felt empty without any of them here.  As much as I loved having everyone around for the past three weeks, I did realize that all four of them had lives to lead outside of the Heinisch home.  Thankfully, we will see Cameron and Brett in Bloomington on our way back to Ocala.  I also made plans with Meg and Cal to come to Chicago in March to visit them as well.  

I appreciated that Doug asked me to go to Target and Kohls with him this afternoon and Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner.  It was nice to get out of the house and a fun way to watch the Bears game.  It also helped take my mind off of how sad I was that the Christmas holiday was officially over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment