Saturday, January 13, 2024

Jaws 2

 I was up early for a Saturday morning.  It was worth it, however, so that I could attend a talk by the Dominican Friars on the importance of servitude.  The priests were a part of the Mission group that I helped with this fall.  The talk was wonderful.  I enjoyed hearing about their lives and their roles with the Friars.  I was glad that several of the women from Blessed Trinity Council for Catholic Women were there as well.  It was nice to sit with familiar faces.

While I was gone, Doug worked and then exercised.  He and my parents were ready for lunch when I arrived.  Doug and I decided to take them to Jaws Jumbo Burgers.  I wasn't sure how they would like it, but they thought it was just as fun as we did.  The movie themed restaurant was perfect for those of us who remembered seeing the thriller in theaters almost fifty years ago.  The food was delicious and the owner was extremely friendly.  All made for a wonderful meal.


After lunch, we drove up to the "I-75 Ocala Flea Market."  Even though the website said that it was open, it was completely desolate.  I was a little bit bummed.  I didn't need anything, but we had planned our afternoon around it.  I did a quick search and found a link to the Ocala Mall.  I remembered reading about it when it opened last spring.  We headed there next.  It was an indoor flea market inside of an old K-Mart on the north side of town.  It wasn't anything spectacular, but fun to try.  Doug and I found a vinyl store that had thousands of album for sale.  I was excited to find a gift for Meg's Valentine's Day and Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest Hits for me.  

Tonight, we turned on football and watched the games while Doug made dinner.  I had bought Turkey brats to try.  They weren't as good as the regular ones, but definitely healthier for me.  Phil joined us for dinner and then a round of Oh Hell.  He had never played before, but caught on quickly.  Even though Doug won, we all had a fun and relaxing evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment