Monday, January 8, 2024

A Wonderful Day of Familiar Faces

I was incredibly thankful to see Amanda today.  My hair had not been cut in over two months and it really needed it.  Since I wouldn't be back in Indiana until March, she cut it just about as short as I could ever remember.  I loved it and thought that it looked very nice.  The best part about going, however, was catching up with Amanda.  Her positive attitude has always been appreciated and it was great to hear about her holidays.  

Mary picked me up at 5:45 tonight for dinner at Paula's.  I told her that I felt like I was back in high school, looking out my bedroom window, waiting to catch a ride with a friend.  I hadn't seen her since October and I loved hearing all about her holiday cruise.  Paula made turkey chili for us and it was delicious.  I had so much fun listening to all that they had been up to recently.  It was wonderful just to sit with people that I had spent a lot of time with over the years talking about shared memories and new adventures.  The night flew by and soon we were hugging goodbye.  I won't be in Syracuse as long the next time I visit, but I hope to get together in March when I'm there again.  If not, I know that it will still be just as much fun and familiar if we wait until May.  

No comments:

Post a Comment