Wednesday, January 10, 2024

An Easy Trip Overall

Today's trip was relatively easy. We left this morning before 6 a.m. and arrived in Ocala before 8 p.m.  I still felt carsick today, but nothing like yesterday.  We stopped more than normal, but not as much as I was worried about last night when I felt terrible.  Grandma had made sandwiches and Doug brought leftovers for lunch, so when we did stop, it was for a short period of time.  We only hit traffic in Nashville and Atlanta, delaying us nine minutes each time.  Fortunately, Chattanooga was nothing compared to when we drove up to Indiana.

We kept entertained by listening to ESPN on YouTubeTV and music on Spotify.  Once we entered Georgia, I only played songs with the state's name in it or artist's that were from there.  I slipped in one George Harrison song before Doug said that artists named George did not count.  The music took us  through the city of Atlanta, but didn't make the drive through Georgia feel any shorter.

We picked up pizza and sandwiches from Marco's on the way to our house.  I was so happy to make it home.  The week had seemed a lot longer than normal, especially once Cameron left for Bloomington.  After eating and unloading the car, we relaxed for the rest of the night.  Nothing felt better than crawling into my own bed knowing that I didn't have to get up early tomorrow morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment