Thursday, January 11, 2024

Hanging Out in Ocala

The lack of sleep the past couple of days along with the long drive home while being carsick definitely took a toll on me.  I was glad to sleep in and have an easy morning.  I was also happy to finally color my hair as it really needed it after I got it cut on Monday.

Overall, it was a typical day in Ocala for me.  I took my parents to Bealls so they could look around while I picked up groceries.  Afterward we stopped at McAlister's for lunch.  Their chicken and dumplings soup has become one of my favorite meals.  Mom and I then dropped my Dad off at Candler Hills Golf Course so that he could hit balls.  The practice facility was a nice one with a driving range, chipping area and two practice greens.  While he was there, my Mom and I took a walk at Sholom Park.  She was impressed with it, especially the Zen Garden.  









Tonight was a normal one at home.  I unpacked, swept the garage and put the ping pong table back in place.  Doug exercised and made chicken curry for dinner.  We did play half a game of Oh Hell.  My Mom got a headache, however, so we called it early.  I felt bad for her, but was ok just watching television for the rest of the night.  It had been a busy week and it felt awesome just to relax.  

No comments:

Post a Comment