Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Back Home Again in Indiana

For the first time in a long time, I drove the majority of yesterday's trip.  Doug had been up since 3:30 a.m. working on inventory at Winco, and he really wasn't up for driving.  I got us to the first Buc-ee's on our trip about one hundred miles south of Atlanta.  Doug took over for the rest of the night.  Atlanta was a breeze to get through as it was almost 10 p.m. when we reached the city.  From there it looked like we would be able to get north of Chattanooga easily before stopping.  As we got closer to Tennessee we realized that the traffic at the exit for I-24 was heavy.  We decided to push on, however, until we reached that area.  The 12 minute back up was at a total standstill.  We waited a few minutes and quickly realized that Apple Maps was underreporting the time that we would be waiting at the exit.  We decided that we would change our route and head up I-75 instead.  In the end, we were really glad that we did.



The rest of our trip was pretty much traffic free.  We were able to make it past Knoxville last night and into Cincinnati just after noon.  The trip home from there was mostly spent in Ohio.  I drove quite a bit of it, so that Doug could make work phone calls.  Cameron and I noticed that the route was an easy one, but that as soon as we crossed over the Ohio River, the weather became extremely gloomy.  It was another good reminder of how fortunate we were to have moved.  

I had a hard time staying awake tonight, but I did make it up until Cameron got home.  He went to visit Alina after she finished practice for the musical and didn't make it back to Syracuse until 11 p.m.  I had to pick him up at Monteith so that we could get the oil changed tomorrow.  I was thankful that Grandma and Grandpa were still up watching the IU vs. Nebraska.  The game wasn't very good and the air outside was cold, both kept me up long enough to pick up Cameron and make it back before crashing for the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment